65 Degree nightly temps??

Fields

Jan 31, 2013
Columbia, SC
I was told that the pool company I'm dealing with would be able to install my pool when we have at least 3 straight days of 70+ degree weather. Well now that we're having that kind of weather they're telling me that the night temps have to be at least 65 degrees. Now I understand it having to be sunny and warm because of the liner and that you shouldn't fill the pool overnight because of dropping temps. But the bulk of the work if not all of it will be done before the sun sets. Does this sound fishy to anyone other than myself? If they're just behind with the schedule, be honest about it. Someone please help me understand, I've been waiting to have my pool installed since December. :?

We just had our pool installed. Our temps were only barely reaching the 70s during the later part of the day and the days were overcast. We ended up having a delay in the install because the day they tried to drop the liner was just too cold/cloudy. They said sun was more important than temps. Night temps were not an issue for us.

Hi Armywife1996,
I didn't think the nightly temps had anything to do with the install. I was hoping that it would have been up before Spring Break. It's still a little too cool for the kids to swim but just having it done would bave been satisfying enough. Thanks for the quick reply and congrats on your new pool!! :party:

PJ said:
Temps can be an issue especially when adding ice cold tap water to the pool. They are just playing it safe, you should be happy for that.

I understand "playing it safe", and if that is the case, I'm fine with that. I was told that when we have 3 straight days of 70+ degree weather the install could begin. I just wish they had told me this from the start.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.