My wife and I are building our first pool in a new house in Southwest area of Las Vegas. We got a couple bids from people and have decided on a builder. My questions are mainly about equipment and if there is anything we should ask for or do before we finalize the contract.
Here are the details:
Pool is 15x35 rectangle in-ground plaster pool. It has a 1' deep wetdeck off the shallow side that is 6x8'. Depth goes from 3'-5' and there is a 18" RBB that is on the long side with 3 x 3' descent water features equally spaced. Also a 1' deep bench that runs the full 35' under the RBB. Equipment is currently planned to be 47' from the pool.
Here is the equipment that they have spec'ed.
Pentair Intelliflo Variable spped PUP011018 for in-floor cleaning and filters
Pentair 2Hp whisperflo PUP1515 for the water features.
Pentair Clean & Clear plus 420sq ft PF160301 filter
Nexus Savi Melody LED lights x 3, these will go on the long wall opposite the water feature wall.
A&A Quik dek-chlor AA522247
A&A water leveler, venturi skimmer
A&A in floor cleaning equipment
So my questions concerns are as follows:
1. Are these pump reliable? I know we could do it with a single pump but we want to be able to turn the water feature off or on independently from the filter/cleaning. Would this be better accomplished with a valve?
2. One of the other builders recommended a different filter, S8M150 System 3 Mod Media by STA-RITE. He swore up and down that this would be the best filter for the pool. Is this a better filter that the PF160301?
3. I saw some negative reviews on the Nexus lights and was wondering if the Pentair Intellibrite 5g was a better choice? I know these have better coverage that the Nexus due to size and wattage so only 2 would be needed.
4. The quote for the in-floor cleaning equipment was only $1250 and for that price it seems like a good upgrade. Any thoughts on this?
5. Quartz plaster, is it worth the upgrade from standard? We like the looks of it better, is this enough to justify the price, any other benefits.
6. We asked for it to be plumbed for a future solar hook up if after the first year we want to add. Is there any other things we should have done with the plumbing? I have read about separating the in-floor from the skimmer or something like that.
7. Anything anybody else can think of or throw in and add would be great.