How often does the salt cell need to be replaced

It is difficult to predict how long a cell will last on a specific pool. It has a great deal to do with the relative size of the pool and the SWG. Larger SWGs will last longer than smaller ones when used on the same sized pool. Typically a cell lasts three to five years, but it can vary from that by quite a bit.

All of the above applies to most brands.

Just be aware premature failure is a real possibility on all of them, there was just a message here over the weekend with someone commenting that they are now on their 3rd cell in 3 years..

jfoscue said:
So would you expect the cell to last 3-5 years on a CompuPool CPSC36? I'm trying to decide which SWG to go with. My pool is a 26k IGP with a liner.

We generally recommend sizing the cell for 1.5-3 times your pool size. So that 36 might be slightly on the smaller side (interesting that the Australian brochure lists this for 120,000 liters = ~32k gallons, but the US stores state up to a 40k gallon pool :suspect: looks like it must be a slightly different design offered here).

A larger unit will cost a little more, but should last longer as the cell will not require as much run time ... hard to say definitively if the larger one would last longer enough to offset the higher cost, but it seems too.

I only have my SWG for 2 years but I found out the best thing to do is read pool school
and Pool Water Chemistry, I purchased the TFT-100 test kit and that is the best thing
I have done,it is not hard to keep your pool balanced once you get it there.if you let the pool get way off it
can cause you many problems that you can avoid and save money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.