Please review before I order

afreil

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
Nashville, TN
As my finger hovered above the "click to order" button I decided I would feel better if I got one final approval from you guys first.
Here's what I'm about to order:

28' Sharkline Matrix AGP
Pentair SD80 sand filter
Pentair Optiflo 1HP/2spd pump
Pentair Intellichlor IC40 salt system
25gauge uni-bead liner

Am I good to go?

Those choices look good to me. I am assuming since you are ordering the unibead liner, you are not going to have a deep end?

Other stuff that you may want to consider at some point are foam coves and a pad (for underneath to protect against nut grass and roots).

Foam cove forms the cove (corner between wall and bottom) instead of using sand. Are you installing, or are you having an installer do it? If you are having someone do it, then check with them to see what they need/want. If you are installing it, you might want to consider polystyrene foam insulation on the bottom like I did. Makes for a nice bottom and is extra protection against rocks etc. I have read that it does not work for nut grass (not a problem for me).

My pool builder wanted Foam Coving, asked him about sand cove he said and I quote "I can do either one, but the end result will be better with foam"
Asked him about the foam on the bottom and walls his response was "naw, if you use a good sand that packs really tight you wont need it"

You only need gorilla pad if you have a concern about poking and tearing liner from underneath (nut grass, rocks/glass, etc), if not then don't waste your money, there is absoutely no cushion to gorilla pad, I have it under my pool.

PS, it's not foam, it's a geotextile fabric about 1/16" thick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.