Can't shock pool

Many modern blow dryers had integrated GCFI so it is possible that the blow dryer switched off while leaving the main power on and, of course, the pool did not get the shock you were hoping for. If you can find an old blow dryer at a garage sale or Craig's list you should buy it. Otherwise I think pool stores sell a pool shock rated blow dryer, but they are expensive and don't always work.

Has anyone tried shocking using a toaster oven instead of a blow dryer? The pool guy said that with a high CYA a small appliance shock would never work and I needed something bigger. Do you think he knows what he is talking about?

Maybe we need a new section in pool school to cover that issue? Some sorta electro-chemical imbalance I think.

You may have to be IN the pool in order to detect it too!

Richard
i think i know why your approach did not shock the pool correctly, i bet you did not use a blow dryer with the proper wattage for your size of pool, come on man get with the program here i'm new and i even know that i read it in pool school....proper wattage for shocking your pool........LOL

575217_237241039752850_535472677_n.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.