Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Quick question about a solar heater.
I have a solar heater hooked up in line to my pool with an automatic valve that opens or closes based on temperature. Water goes from the pump to the cartridge filter, then either through the heater to the SWG or directly to the SWG, then to the pool. I also have a Polaris installed.

Every time the solar heater kicks on a tremendous amount of air comes out of the pool jets. I have never seen an obvious leak, and have had it serviced, but the air seems odd. Since it is a closed system on the pressure side I am not sure how air gets into the system. Is this normal for solar heaters? Is this anything I need to be concerned about?

TIA

Your solar panel should have a vacuum breaker, probably on the high side opposite the outlet, that lets air in when the panels are shut off. This is to keep the panel from overheating when the water is static, and it is normal to have the bubbles as the panel fills with water.

Yup. Sounds normal since with a proper install the panels should drain when the pump turns off.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.