Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP!! What type of sand filter pump system do I need?

1. Back To Top    #1

ontario canada

HELP!! What type of sand filter pump system do I need?

HI all, I have an intex 18' x42" easy set pool with the blow up ring, I need a pump filtering system that will keep the water clear and turn the SW back into chlorine.. we did have that crappy 1000gph pump that comes with the pool but threw it out last year and now need something that will work good.I dont want to spend 400.00 if I dont have too either and also I am in Canada and seems alot of these pumps are only available in the USA for the intex pool. If anyone knows of a place here in Ontario Canada where a good pump can be bought that will not only work on the easy set pool but will also work on a framed pool should we upgrade in the future.
    Intex 16' round 42" deep SWG pool , 15,094 L water capacity ,1000 GPH Intex Filter Pump Krystal Clear Model 637

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: HELP!! What type of sand filter pump system do I need?

The Intex sand filters are fairly good, especially the largest one. They are available from a variety of places, including Amazon Canada.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Re: HELP!! What type of sand filter pump system do I need?

You may also try ebay, I have found several good deals there on pool equipment, and one noteably BAD deal on a pump a couple of years ago they seller claimed was left over new stock from a closed pool store, turned out to be used and broken (strainer was even full of nuts/pods of some type). I just bought a new 2 speed pump off ebay last week for about about 2/3 the price the same pump sells for on Amazon.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~