third cell in three years

Feb 23, 2013
The cell plates keep corroding and disconnecting from base.this is the third one in three years.has anybody else had this problem? Fortunatly is is still under warranty but this is the last year of it. Three for three is not a good track record. Im happy with how it works n all but they seem to only last one year. After this im gonna have to go to the jugs. :(

Compupool. Its 15X 30 aboveground. I just took a sample to pool place two weeks ago a because it was reading low salt but the water was clouding up in the cell so t was making chlorine. They said it was fine. Today i happen to look at it and it was saying "no water". I looked at the cell and noticed it was corroded apart from the base of cell. This is thesecond time this has happened. In three yrs.

bobodog said:
Compupool. Its 15X 30 aboveground. I just took a sample to pool place two weeks ago a because it was reading low salt but the water was clouding up in the cell so t was making chlorine. They said it was fine. Today i happen to look at it and it was saying "no water". I looked at the cell and noticed it was corroded apart from the base of cell. This is thesecond time this has happened. In three yrs.

My bet would be chemistry issues with your water. Some pool stores are so bad that rolling dice would be more accurate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.