Fire hose connections

Seemed like a perfectly fine thread.....educational and interesting.

Suddenly, the conversation goes South and is no longer TFP material.

I or one of the other Mods will lock the thread if necessary.
Apologies, I didn't mean to come off as course as I did or start an argument. Somtimes when I reply on mobile I end up being brief, and it accidentally comes off as harsh.

I'll agree to disagree, hydrants are different everywhere. The point I wanted to make is that it's really not safe for an untrained person to mess with a fire hydrant because there is a ton of pressure.

Thanks for the answer to reply #4. It really opened up a lot of information that took the tread south. I do not think I will be adding a hose to my pool equipment for the idea of fighting a house fire in my house. Just need to make sure my homeowners insurance covers everything. Thank you everyone for your answers. Lets end the additional commenting and push on to other things that pertain to this site.

Hey, TFP Duraleigh- greetings, and I understand your concern with "chiefwej" and "pinguy" slugging it out a bit but I'm glad you held back. I came on the site and joined just looking for info as to whether a pool pump would fill a 1.5" firehose with enough pressure for emergency fire supression. I got enough from the see-saw between these two to draw some conclusions. I had a pool in Corona, California which convinced me I'd never want one again. Of course, being 77 now, retired and disinterested in swimming across a pool, I can reflect on the fun when you're young. Not exactly pool talk but it might interest you to know, I bought one of those 275 gal aluminum framed plastic liquid containers, plan on getting a second one for volume and a 1.5" hose for fire emergencies. I can use the input from the back-and-forth between the fire fighter pro's so thanks for letting them spar a bit before pulling the plug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.