Autopilot Dig 220 with version 4.4 -- display not go to ....

May 30, 2011
Hi,
I just replaced my Autopilot Dig 220 with a new unit. It is running version 4.4 of the software, and controls a one speed pump through an on board pump relay. When the pump turns off, either manually or automatically via the pump program, the display stays on blinking on and off every 8 seconds, and the Check System light also comes on blinking the same. The message in the display says the salt level is too low. When the pump turns on the Check System light goes out and the low salt level message goes away. Running the test pool pilot option, shows there the salt level to be 3600 ppm. The display always blinks at the 8 second interval and never goes to the walking dot screen saver display. This is completely different behavior from my old unit which was 7 years old. Is this normal behavior for the newer units.

Re: Autopilot Dig 220 with version 4.4 -- display not go to

That doesn't sound right. Do you have the relay setup as controlling a single speed pump? One of the options is to have it configured to control a two speed pump, which would give you the symptom you are seeing. With a two speed pump it expects the pump to be on at both speeds with the relay changing speeds.

Yes. I am setup for a one speed pump according to the Installer Menu. Actually today while the pump was running, the walking dots did display after 30-35 minutes of not touching any buttons. However when the pump program turned the pump off, the display went back to to the behavior discussed yesterday. A blinking check system light with a blinking main display and a message indicating low salt. When the unit is in this state it the display never converts to the walking dots until the pump turns back on and the buttons are not touched for 30 minutes. It's as if the trisensor continues it be monitored and reported on even though the pump program has turned the pump off.

My new unit does the same thing. Flashes during the 30 mins and then finally get a walking dot if no buttons are hit. Is something wrong?

That sounds like normal behavior. Mine is now doing the same thing and per the instructions that behavior is correct. My question at this point for my installation, is when the pump turns off, either manually or automatically via the pump program, the display stays on blinking on and off every 8 seconds, and the Check System light also comes on blinking the same. The message in the display says the salt level is too low. Otherwise all is good with my installation. My chlorine generation is better than ever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.