Adding a SWG system to my pool...

Mar 27, 2013
Dallas, TX
I'm thinking about switching my pool over to salt water and I wanted to get everyone's opinion on installing it myself. Is it fairly straightforward or should I pay my PB to install it for me. They're quoting me $1500 for the Pentair system, salt (I know that part is cheap) and the install.

Thoughts?

I installed a Pentair IC40 successfully. The hard part for me was that you are supposed to have maybe 12" of straight pipe going into the SWG, so accomplishing that was tricky given my existing layout. Once you have the plumbing
figured out and know how you're going to power it, the actual install was easy.

Go for it, I just installed a CircuPool system this weekend. My pool company wanted $250 to install the unit and the provide salt. Salt was about $60-70 bucks, so I figure I saved $190-180. Just make sure you use just the right amount of glue, too little and it really makes the joints difficult to seat the fittings, and too much you have a build up in the pipe. You want to be able to seat the fittings all the way to their stops and be able to make slight adjustments before the glue sets up. I already had the 2" pipe so I just needed to get two couplers and two 90 degree elbows, piece of cake.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.