Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding a SWG system to my pool...

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding a SWG system to my pool...

I'm thinking about switching my pool over to salt water and I wanted to get everyone's opinion on installing it myself. Is it fairly straightforward or should I pay my PB to install it for me. They're quoting me $1500 for the Pentair system, salt (I know that part is cheap) and the install.

Thoughts?
    15k in-ground pool and spa || Dark Blue PebbleSheen Finish || Pentair DE Filter || Pentair VS+SVRS Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding a SWG system to my pool...

If you can hacksaw and glue PVC pipe, it's a pretty small DIY project. Got an extra outlet?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I installed a Pentair IC40 successfully. The hard part for me was that you are supposed to have maybe 12" of straight pipe going into the SWG, so accomplishing that was tricky given my existing layout. Once you have the plumbing
    figured out and know how you're going to power it, the actual install was easy.
    24,000gal IG gunnite pool+spillover spa, DE filter, IntelliFlo VS 3050
    EasyTouch 4 + IC40 SWCG, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Go for it, I just installed a CircuPool system this weekend. My pool company wanted $250 to install the unit and the provide salt. Salt was about $60-70 bucks, so I figure I saved $190-180. Just make sure you use just the right amount of glue, too little and it really makes the joints difficult to seat the fittings, and too much you have a build up in the pipe. You want to be able to seat the fittings all the way to their stops and be able to make slight adjustments before the glue sets up. I already had the 2" pipe so I just needed to get two couplers and two 90 degree elbows, piece of cake.
    22,000 Gal. Pebble-tech Sand Finish Pool | Pentair Pump(s) | Jandy AquaLink RS6 Controls | CircuPool RJ45 SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Cool. This is good info. Thanks guys!
    15k in-ground pool and spa || Dark Blue PebbleSheen Finish || Pentair DE Filter || Pentair VS+SVRS Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Very easy to install.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!