Changing Pool Calc to 8.25% bleach?

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Hey folks,

Having trouble changing the default %'s for bleach in the Pool Calculator to accept "the new"...(but not necessarily improved!) 8.25% values to get the effect of additions.

I've moused and clicked it to death to no avail. What's the trick?
My rough math-----very rough!---tells me 64 oz. of 8.25% will yield me 3.2 FC vs. 96 oz. of 6% that yields me 3.5 FC for 13,100 gallons.

Thanks folks.

Ok..I can play with it at the top just in the FC category and get it. I just can't get it to directly spit it out for me at the bottom of the calculator in the "Effects of Adding Chemicals" part. And it spit out 3.25 FC for my 13,100 gallons. I was close!

woodyp said:
Ok..I can play with it at the top just in the FC category and get it. I just can't get it to directly spit it out for me at the bottom of the calculator in the "Effects of Adding Chemicals" part. And it spit out 3.25 FC for my 13,100 gallons. I was close!

I believe the bottom area are preset amounts and you are not able to change it. The top allows the change as you can see.

Correct. Can't change the bottom and unfortunately the site owner does not seem to very interested in updating.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

jblizzle said:
Correct. Can't change the bottom and unfortunately the site owner does not seem to very interested in updating.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

With bleach now being sold at the 8.25% and no longer the 5.25 and 6%, maybe they will be willing to switch one of these to 8.25%. If not the top part always works well and gives you more flexibility.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.