Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: C-Force Calcium Chloride pellets?

1. Back To Top    #1

Charleston, South Carolina

C-Force Calcium Chloride pellets?

Does anyone know if this is ok to add to the pool to bring my calcium up?
    I can pick up a 50 lb bag of this stuff for about $15 at Lowes compared to $30 for a 25lb bag from the pool store.
    half Inground/half above ground, shotcrete pool, 19,000 gallons - KrystalKrete Krystal Blue quartz finish
    Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump - Pentair Easy Touch automation - Pentair T100 sand filter - Savi Melody LED lights - Mortex KoolDeck - Charleston, South Carolina

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: C-Force Calcium Chloride pellets?

That product contains iron and I would stay away from it. I looked up dowflake and I didn't see any iron in the msds for their calcium chloride products.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

C-Force Calcium Chloride looks fine to me. The iron content is in down in the parts per million and won't have any effect.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I added cforce calcium chloride pellets and my calcium hardness stayed the same but my salt rose