Question about Calcium Hardness Increaser

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
1. How much should you add at a time.
-I have been told to add around 5 lbs at a time and retest again. Should you add 5 lbs a day or can you add 5 lbs, test, add another 5 lbs and retest?

2. How long after adding CH increase should you expect to see the results?

Thanks in advance.

The further you are from your goal level, the more you can add at one time. With a 22K gallon pool you can certainly add 10 lbs at a time, and you can also add enough to get half way to your goal level, which ever amount is larger.

After adding, give it an hour to mix in, with the pump running, before retesting.

Also, don't raise the PH on the same day you are adding CH.

JasonLion said:
The further you are from your goal level, the more you can add at one time. With a 22K gallon pool you can certainly add 10 lbs at a time, and you can also add enough to get half way to your goal level, which ever amount is larger.

After adding, give it an hour to mix in, with the pump running, before retesting.

Also, don't raise the PH on the same day you are adding CH.

Thanks. I finally updated my gallons to come out to 13,000. I was way off the first time. With that I will do 5 lbs at a time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.