Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua-Illuminator Pool Light

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua-Illuminator Pool Light

I'm trying to find a pool light that would be bright enough for a 27x52 ABG. Or are there any lights that you don't have to hook to a return out there? Help! If the weather permits, my pool will be installed next week. I have been waiting for this for more than a year, so I am very excited! I already have my TF100 testing kit, bleach (2 cases), borax, and baking soda!! And thanks to this great website, I have the knowledge to keep my pool sparkling and clean!!
    27x52 Garden Leisure AGP, Hayward Dream Line 1.5 Sand Filter, TF-100 Test kit
    BBB and Loving It!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua-Illuminator Pool Light

Take a look at nitelighter. Alot of places have them. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

I can recommend the nightlighter. It fits in the return fitting (included with the kit). The halogen bulb lasts 2-3 seasons depending on how long you have it on ( I run mine 4-6 hours/nite- June through September). An additional benefit is the light grille rotates and can be adjusted to get a good upward flow which will aerate the water if your alkalinity gets too high. Rotate it downward and it helps circulate water at the bottom of the pool. They also make an adjustable fountain attachment (about $10) that snaps on easily (the kids love it). The only downside.....replacement bulbs are relatively expensive ($30-$35).
    19-year old Aqua Leader 27' dia. round. (Soon to be replaced)
    Vinyl liner with center drain
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1-HP pump with Microprocessor Control/Timer
    Hayward Perflex Extended Cycle D.E. Filtration system
    Hayward CL-220 Automatic Chlorine Feeder

4. Back To Top    #4

My mistake.....I meant the Aqua Illuminator not the Nightlighter. It's the one that fits in the return fitting...not the one that hangs over the rail. It also includes a couple of color lenses.
    19-year old Aqua Leader 27' dia. round. (Soon to be replaced)
    Vinyl liner with center drain
    Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1-HP pump with Microprocessor Control/Timer
    Hayward Perflex Extended Cycle D.E. Filtration system
    Hayward CL-220 Automatic Chlorine Feeder