Packs you add to skimmer to get rid of metals

A

amberjack

I am lowering my chlorine, adding polyquat and am about to add ascorbic acid. Have any of you guys tried a product like CuLator power packs ( from pinch a penny) You put them in them in the skimmer and the iron in the water collects in the bag. Do they actually work? Does it remove iron that is sequestered? I have a pinch a penny here in town- which sequestering agent should I use after the ascorbic acid?

We have heard mixed reports, mostly good but not always. It does take time to get any significant amount of iron out. Yes, they will catch iron even when using sequestrant.

Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive. Jack's Magenta Stuff is not one of the recommended sequestrants.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.