Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I think I know what you're going to say, but test for FC...

1. Back To Top    #1

I think I know what you're going to say, but test for FC...

I have been using the Taylor TF-100 test kit from TFTestkits.net. I always use the R870 and R871 for testing my levels. Well, I am almost out of the 870 and 871 besides we're starting a new summer season. I just found out we now have a Leslie's Pool Supplies, but they only carry what he calls the drop test...you know the one where you have the chlorine on one side and the pH on the other? I don't think you all feel that is accurate enough, right? Would you recommend I go ahead and purchase more R870 and 871?

Also, do you ever use the drop test (the yellow/red container)?

Thanks.
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I think I know what you're going to say, but test for FC

Purchase more R870 and R871.

I use the pH test. I hardly ever use the FC side. You can use the FC side for just a quick "yes there is FC in there" test if you want to save on the DPD test reagents. Since there's a 3-6 FC block, and that's really my goal, it's not too bad for just testing in this fashion.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I always use that basic drop test!...................but the PH side only.

Get you some more 870 and 871 and rest easy.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks.
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.