humidity controller for indoor pool

Mar 25, 2013
hi all,

i have just heated up the pool in my house and this morning i woke up to discover the windows in the pool room had moisture all over them.

i know there is a dessert aire system in the pool room which vents out this moisture and any chlorine in the air.

there is a humidity controller that *i think* controllers the dessert aire system.

in order to reduce the moisture am i suppose to turn the dial up or down, the setting was at "40" when the moisture is now on the windows.

just a side note, its not humid in the room its just the windows so not sure if a little bit of moisture on the windows might be normal?

thanks all.

Is it cold outside? My guess is the 40% is the rh in the room (may not be), but the windows (if cold) cause condensation due to their lower temperature. For example if the room was at 40% RH and 70F, but the surface of the window was at ~44F, then you would begin to have condensation. Might even happen at a higher window temperature if the humidity near the window (but air there still at the approximate 70F) was higher then back by the sensor.

Yes, it is normal, there are some things you can do that will help minimized the issue, the cheapest is to use a solar style pool cover to minimize evaporation from the pool, beyond that it is all about insulation, installing insulated double pane windows, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.