Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: humidity controller for indoor pool

1. Back To Top    #1

humidity controller for indoor pool

hi all,

i have just heated up the pool in my house and this morning i woke up to discover the windows in the pool room had moisture all over them.

i know there is a dessert aire system in the pool room which vents out this moisture and any chlorine in the air.

there is a humidity controller that *i think* controllers the dessert aire system.

in order to reduce the moisture am i suppose to turn the dial up or down, the setting was at "40" when the moisture is now on the windows.

just a side note, its not humid in the room its just the windows so not sure if a little bit of moisture on the windows might be normal?

thanks all.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: humidity controller for indoor pool

Is it cold outside? My guess is the 40% is the rh in the room (may not be), but the windows (if cold) cause condensation due to their lower temperature. For example if the room was at 40% RH and 70F, but the surface of the window was at ~44F, then you would begin to have condensation. Might even happen at a higher window temperature if the humidity near the window (but air there still at the approximate 70F) was higher then back by the sensor.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Yes, it is normal, there are some things you can do that will help minimized the issue, the cheapest is to use a solar style pool cover to minimize evaporation from the pool, beyond that it is all about insulation, installing insulated double pane windows, etc.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD

If condensation is forming on windows you should lower the humidity setting. Generally, the lower the outside temperature, the lower you need the humidity to be to avoid condensation.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

hi all, yes after lowering the dial to about 30 the moisture is gone.