Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pump timers

1. Back To Top    #1

pump timers

Hi guys, yet another newbie question. I am shopping and looking for a pump timer because of my research on here and learning that I don't have to run my pump 24/7 (which is what I did last year). What I don't get or see is that they don't seem to have an on/off switch override, so if I am running the filter at night and the kids want to turn the sliding board on the timer would need a switch to kick everything on, right? Do they have those? Better yet can someone just tell me what mechanical or electrical filter pump timer to get? Do to the cost of the project as a whole (equipment pad relocation and new pool patio) I am running low on funds is there an inexpensive way of doing this or no?
    "There are no bad days, just some better than others"

18k, Ig Vinyl, 3/4 us motors, Hayward sand filter, quickpure3 ozone generator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pump timers

I like intermatic timers. How many volts,amps is your pump? Yes you can override the timer.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

The Intermatic T101 (120 volt) and T104 (240 volt) timers are solid reliable timers for just over $50. They include a manual override switch, though the timer takes over again the next time the scheduled time comes up.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys I was on the intermatic store website but waaaay too much stuff for me to understand, maybe someday I can go fancy shmancy with automation, but for this summer sit back and enjoy the new equipment pad and patio and get familiar with BBB and my tf100
    "There are no bad days, just some better than others"

18k, Ig Vinyl, 3/4 us motors, Hayward sand filter, quickpure3 ozone generator

5. Back To Top    #5

Sounds like a good plan. Lots of very knowledgeable people here if you have any questions.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.