Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inground pool opening

1. Back To Top    #1

Inground pool opening

Was wondering if someone has a good link to a detailed video of a pool opening. Possibly a salt water pool. Would to have it by my side for my 1st opening this year.

Thanx.
    17,640 gal, IG Vinyl, 3/4 HP Hayward Super Pump, Zodica Nature2 DuoClear130 SWG, Clean manually.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inground pool opening

Welcome to tfp, LivingLegend

I do not know of a video, but here is our poolschool article on opening an agp...some of it applies to igps as well: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...0ground%20pool

If you have questions don't hesitate to ask!
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

This is a pretty good set of videos, http://www.poolschool.us/videos_pool_maintenance.htm

I learned a lot from that site before I found TFP. The videos helped me to understand the system and plumbing.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

Good vidoes, i found a good too and I will use all for my support. Thanx Guys!!
    17,640 gal, IG Vinyl, 3/4 HP Hayward Super Pump, Zodica Nature2 DuoClear130 SWG, Clean manually.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by 4knights
    This is a pretty good set of videos, http://www.poolschool.us/videos_pool_maintenance.htm

I learned a lot from that site before I found TFP. The videos helped me to understand the system and plumbing.
    Wow - is it common for a pool to be that green when it's opened for the season? I would think that a "pool school" guy's pool would look better than that. Is this what I have to look forward to when I take my cover off?
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

6. Back To Top    #6

I think it depends on the type of cover you have as well as your water temps. I just put my pool in last Sep/Oct so don't know what mine will look like. Pretty sure it will be green since I have a mesh cover(let's some light in) but our water(ice) temp has been as low as 24 this winter. as the water warms up I'll start using bleach until the temp is where it needs to be for the salt cell to work.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm hoping to have a clear pool in Maywhen I open. I have safety mesh cover and water was clear when opened last year. Weather was overly warm too. Fingers are crossed.

8. Back To Top    #8

I just opened my pool the first time, pool was installed last Oct. I also have a mesh cover. Water was 56 deg., clear with dirt/silt stuck to sides and bottom. There was a pile of leaves,straw,(I just planted grass), mesh cover instructions, dead worms, and dirt. Used Leaf rake to pull out the pile, smelled like stagnant water and garbage. Brushed sides and bottom, vacuumed, water was somewhat brown and cloudy, ran filter about 8 hrs. This morning water was clear with a little silt on bottom in spots. All chems up to specs. One more light vacuum and iam good to go.
    Rick, Fiberglass.....14 x 30 Viking Laguna - 10,000 gal. Pentair cartridge filter, gas heater, Swg, variable speed pump, Easytouch control system.
    k2006c, k1766