Pool heater

Mar 28, 2013
Hello to all. I'm new to the forum so ill just jump right in. I am looking for some advice on my pool heater. My Hayward heat pump went out last year, it was the compresser, so I've been on eBay to find a new one. I can get one from the local dealer for around $4 k or for about half on eBay. As anyone had any experience, either good or bad, from buying a heater on eBay. If good who did you get it from, if bad who do I stay away from. Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to TFP!

eBay can be good or bad depending on how much attention you pay. Watch selling ratings closely and read the item description throughly. If you buy the right thing from a highly rated seller with lots of sales you can save a lot of money. But if you don't know the difference between NIB, for parts, and refurb, or buy from a low rated seller, or get the wrong part number things can go poorly.

When we built our pool 2 years ago I searched online for the heater (one that my local pool store carried) and found a price that was 4-500 hundred less than their price. They matched it. So maybe you can do the same thing (I found mine doing a google search and a shopping result) and local support is nice if you have an immediate failure and you know the unit is new

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.