Mar 28, 2013
Hi, new here. We have had intex pools over the last several years (small ones...) and we just made the plunge to buy the 22 x 52 ultra frame intex pool! We are so excited! Any tips from you guys? We also added the Salt Water System and we are totally excited about that!

Welcome to tfp, sahmama27 :wave:

I would avoid the "all in one" intex pump/filter/swg if you haven't already purchased it. Better to buy the separate intex swg since it will not fail at the same time in the future as the pump/filter.

linen said:
Welcome to tfp, sahmama27 :wave:

I would avoid the "all in one" intex pump/filter/swg if you haven't already purchased it. Better to buy the separate intex swg since it will not fail at the same time in the future as the pump/filter.

I am pretty sure we didn't buy that one...this is the one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064O ... UTF8&psc=1

The SW system is all new to us. I am so happy to not be using those tablets anymore!

Get the ground as level as possible, then level it further. Keep leveling until it's perfect, or until you end up with an inground pool.Don't use sand, it will shift. Filling in low spots WILL end up giving you low spots again, as the weight of the water will compact the ground tighter than you can pack it.

Ditch the pump & filter that comes with the Intex and get a real filter & pump. I picked up this one at the pool store and have not regretted it- I've saved that much money in filters, and not had green water, and can vacuum- something that those little Intex pumps aren't strong enough to do.(mine's only ½ horse though)
http://www.columbiapoolproducts.com/entry-level/

Get a GOOD test kit- I have the TF100 and find it easy to use, accurate, and the support here is fantastic. The test results are usually in line with what I expect, and I always get expected results from chemistry adjustments. I doubt that would happen if it weren't a good kit.

Put something under the pool if you can. All my budget would support last year was ¼" fanfold foam, it made a difference and was better than nothing. I've read that thicker foam feels better, but I've not tried it.

Stay on top of your chemistry, mine turned green last fall and I gave up until this past weekend. It's progressing, but it's work. Covering it would have helped.

Read pool School several times, and don't worry if it doesn't all sink in. Just keep reading posts and threads here and it will eventually "click". Then go back & re-read Pool School, it will seem like second nature.

Good luck, and welcome aboard!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.