Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are my resurfacing bids reasonable (San Diego)

1. Back To Top    #1

Are my resurfacing bids reasonable (San Diego)

I have an old plaster pool that is almost rectangular and around 9K gallons. The perimeter is 78' and it going from roughly 4' to 6' in depth. I have recieved a few bids and some seem a couple thousand high and one was close to where I am ready to go.

Bid one
    Light grey Quartz -$4200
    Tile- 1200

Bid two and three are about the same
    Tile $1280-1500
    a few additionals in here like resetting a half dozen coping tiles $150, deckoseal $355

The first bid actually seems to be a good guy But he is still about a thousand over what I want to pay.
    I was hoping to do it for $4000-4500.
    Am I expecting too much? I do know that they have to make money but I figure I am paying 3k for 3 days of labor in these prices when they are going to only pay the workers 1/3 of that.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Are my resurfacing bids reasonable (San Diego)

Those prices may be extremely high or extremely low or just right, depending on where you're located. They actually don't look too bad to me.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Are my resurfacing bids reasonable (San Diego)

San diego. La mesa area. I didn't think they were crazy high. just a little.. anyone have recomendations on who to go to?