Aqualink & Intelliflow interface Problem

Mar 27, 2013
So. CA
My pool is 7 years old. I've recently upgraded my pump to an intelliflow VF. Iwas hoping to be able to interface the automation of my Aqualink RS-8 to the pump but I'm having problems. The RS remote panel is not turning on the pump. I've been told that my model of the RS needs to be upgraded in order to be compatible with VF pump. I do have and installed the Intellicom II. Do I need to upgrade the RS system or is there something else I can do.

Aqualink RS-8 Combo
Model-8156
Firmware- L

Welcome to TFP!

There are several ways to approach controlling an IntelliFlo pump with an older automation system. You can stay with a single speed and have the automation system turn power on and off to the pump. You can use an IntelliComm II to give you one speed for each relay in your automation system that you dedicate to the pump, or you can upgrade the firmware in the automation system so it knowns how to control the pump with a data cable.

To use an IntelliComm you need to have the pump be powered up at all times, the IntelliComm II connected to the pump and the output of one to four relays on the automation system, and the pump must not be in service mode.

I did have the same issue, my Aqualink is a bit newer but in the end we made it work. Look in the manual and see what types of pumps your version supports or call them. Pentair has many models but only two electrical packages. When I started with my issue members of the board said to hang in there and in the end they where correct.

I currently have the Intellicom Ii connected to the Aqualink. I followed the installation directions and plugged in the low volt wires from Intellicom II to Aqualink via program 1 plugin to Relay 1 plugin. The pump is on its own power and the LED lights are ON on the pump and Intellicom II. The pump still will not turn on from inside the house at the remote panel. Any suggestions are welcome. Thx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.