Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for advice on pool cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for advice on pool cleaner

OK... I am looking to get a cleaner to relieve the wife of forgetting to vacuum the pool (and not always remembering how to do everything). I was thinking a robotic to not bother my filtration system.

I have a 16X32 pool from 3' to 5' deep, pretty simple with steps in the shallow end at the corner with bench seats out on both sides. We have a screened enclosure around the pool so most large debree is kept out. Our dogs will track a few leaves in now and then, but that is all. I am wanting something for the fine debree cleaning. I think I will not need a remote with a simple design pool and want to keep my cost down.

I just purchased an Intellaflow variable speed pump to install very soon. I went with it as the cost was not much more than a 2 speed was going to cost and it will give me many options of programming (once I figure it out). It was $825 with free shipping and a 2 speed was going to be $700, that is why I decided to go this route. I don't think I want to go with a suction cleaner and create hassle of connecting and removing.

2 options that I have been considering are: ... NC31XL.htm (More than I want to spend, but saw it had great reviews)

I am open for suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
    16X32 IG gunite pool w/ marcite
    AquaRite SWG
    15K gallons
    Pentair Triton II sand filter w/ SM10-3 valve
    Sta-Rite pump w/ 1.5HP single speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Looking for advice on pool cleaner

A robotic cleaner will work well in your pool. Because you have an enclosure, cleaning your pool is a FAR easier job for the robot than if your pool was open.

A generalization is that you will pay for CLEANING POWER. The more a robot costs, the bigger job it will do. Your pool should be easy to take care of with robots in the mid price range.....about where you are looking.

I tend to think the ones with treads (dolphin, blue diamond, etc) might be a bit better but I have no knowledge that's true....just a feeling.

The very lowest end of the robot range is probably too skimpy and you may have some flimsy, breaking parts so I would suggest something around $600-$800 would do a good job for your pool and last a good while.

Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I just bought the ... l-Cleaner/ last year and Im very happy with it. If I had to say one thing that's a negative it would be changing the mesh bag. Overall I would give it a 9 out of 10 drop it in and go.
    16 x 32 Inground Vinyl 21000, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. Raypak Heater, Crystal Flo Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Dallas, TX

I have a Dolphin. After a few problems out of the gate (bad power supply issues) it has been great. If I were to do anything different, I wish I'd have gotten one with a remote control.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Aqua bot jr lower price then most robots and does a great job
    18 by 36 mountain lake, swg aqua plus, cartgidge filter, two speed tristar 1hp, 1hp super pump for deck jet n waterfall, espio alarm, aquabot jr, Definitive Tech Aw6500 speakers, Onkyo receiver