Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DIY Waterfall?

1. Back To Top    #1

West TN

DIY Waterfall?

Hello everyone. I am wanting to build a water fall for an inground pool. Something along the lines of fake rocks built from a styrofoam type material, so it can be removed and stored in the winter time. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with this type of project. Also the pool builder is going to plumb and wire for this future water fall. What type of enclosures are there that can be placed into the concrete so I can access the plumbing and electrical when the water fall is installed.
    2013 20x40 Vinyl Ingound Pool. 30K Gallons. Hayward Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator. Hayward C-3030 Cartridge Filter. 1.5 HP Pentair Pump. Pentair Magic Stream II Deck Jets. Pool Automation=Allen-Bradley PLC 5/04. TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: DIY Waterfall?

As far as the plumbing, there are the sprinkler type boxes that can be poured into the decking but the electrical has to be above the decking by at least 4" if the voltage is above the low voltage contact limit (15vac, 30vdc). It's allowed to be flush with the deck if the voltage is at or below the low voltage contact limit, but it has to be filled with an approved potting compound, which kinda negates the later use thing. It has to be 4' from the pool wall in either case.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit