So I have a question/ need some guidance on Chlorine.
Here's the story:
The 18th, I opened the pool. I brought Chlorine up to 12PPM (CYA is <30) and held it there until the loss was 1 PPM overnight.
PH is 7.4, Alk is 90 PPM.
I went out of town for a week, threw my floater in with pucks. I came back last saturday and it was down to 1 PPM. I shocked it again to 11PPM. It dropped to 4 or 5PPM overnight. I'm confused about why this would be.
First, shouldn't the pucks have held the level at 3-5PPM?
Second, can organic material like leaves and pollen cause chlorine to disappate faster? I have trees blooming and I'm wondering it that might be why it won't level off.
Another thing I'm thinking is that the Phosphates are high and I haven't treated for them with Phos free yet. Could they be causing the chlorine not to stabilize?
Thanks in advance for the help. Water is crystal clear...just need to get my FC to hold at 3-5 and I'm set!