Hard calcium deposits in my pool

Mar 25, 2013
Split from here. Please ask questions in your own topic, rather than reusing someone else's existing topic.

Hi I see this is an old thread nevertheless I would love the answer. I have the exact same problem with the hard calcium deposits in my pool. The picture in his thread resembles the finish of my pool and also the "bird Poop" looking hard as rock white calcium deposits. I have been spending a small fortune going by the local pool shop remedies, all unsuccessful. I am curious if this problem was ever resolved and how did you do it? ElementZero or anyone who has had success in the removal of hard calcium lumpy deposits please give me the answer!

The strange thing is until now I have never seen this in my pool before. The pool is about 12+ years old. The water is really clear and even since adjusting all the water according to the recommendations the "calcium" is not igoing away and the pool is even "growing" more hard lumps everywhere.

Thank you any feedback is much appreciated.

Kind regards, Robbie

Welcome to TFP.

Post a pic of your deposits and that will us identify them.
Post a full set of test results and how you go them.
I highly recommend a good test kit if you don't already have one.

Richard320 is the guru of removing calcium scale. Take a look at a few of his posts and you'll get a feel for how to remove them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.