Aqua Rite Control board wiring question

skygremlin

Apr 20, 2012
Orange County, CA
I was told by Goldline that I had to replace my control board on my Aqua Rite salt Chlorine Generator. I got a new board from Leslies pools and tried replacing it myself. I followed the instructions inside, but can only get the new board to work, if I have it wired NOT like the paperwork. In all honestly I "Think" I'm on the right track.. :roll:

Meaning, the paperwork says I have to connect the yellow and orange wires to the new controller board and not use the fuse. When I do that I get nothing on the board. If I connect the yellow and orange wires back to the fuse, and not on the board the unit lights up and seems to work. I had 0 Chlorine in the pool the other day. Ran superchlorinate for the first night, then had the dial set to 80. Water was tested tonight and I have to turn the dial down so I know it's working and producing chlorine..

Do I need to have the yellow and orange wires connected, or if it's working using the fuse can I leave it? Sorry if this is a topic already discussed. I did a pretty brief search and didn't see what I was looking for.. :|

Please see attached for the old board and how the new board is set up. The salt cell is a T-cell-15-SWP.

I wish I looked here before hand, but no I didn't.. To add to that I wish I looked online for a new board I found some from Amazon and a couple other pool stores for half of what I paid ($400.00) from Leslies Pools... I was watching it for a couple days (maybe a week :? ) and it wasn't producing any chlorine, the weather is getting warmer during the day and seeing as we had a good battle with algae last year, and Goldline told me it had to be replaced I kinda panicked and bought the first one I found :? .... Now I know...

Thanx I'll leave it plugged into the fuse then and let'er run... Yeah I wish there was more info on the boards too. I'm curious what the red box in the upper right corner does. I've seen other pix of boards that have 4 wires plugged into it, and I saw the other white wire next to it that was just lopped off.. Not sure if I need that too. It wasn't originally plugged in when I opened it so I left it that way. I just don't know what either of them is for.. I'll have to do some more research and trace that wire down… Maybe I'll post another question then..:)

ak

That connector is to allow a controller to operate the unit and/or have more than one unit operating at the same time. If you don't have an automation system or slave unit you don't need those wires. Looks like it was hooked up to something at one point though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.