Pump Motor End Cover

Mar 10, 2013
Phoenix
Hello pool friends!

I'm currently trying to figure out how my pump is wired so that I can purchase the correct SWG and in general know more about my pump. I have the STA-RITE 1 1/2 HP MPRA6F-148L pump but it can be wired to either 115/230V. Currently what's holding me up is that the wiring setting is shown in the end of the pump motor but is covered and I'm having trouble removing the covers. I've unscrewed it but it seems to be stuck? Or I'm just not very good at opening it. Any advise? Below is a link to the manual but it doesn't give any specific info on how to remove the motor end cover I just thought it would be good to include.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/DynaGla ... umpsOM.pdf

Thanks!

Our cover is very tight. Rocking it back and forth helped a little but it was almost as if there was a vacuum holding it on.
If it was wired correctly, you should be able to tell from the breaker if its 110 volts or 230 volts. If a single breaker controls the pump, it should be 110. If it's a double breaker, it's 230.

Matt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.