Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Motor End Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Motor End Cover

Hello pool friends!

I'm currently trying to figure out how my pump is wired so that I can purchase the correct SWG and in general know more about my pump. I have the STA-RITE 1 1/2 HP MPRA6F-148L pump but it can be wired to either 115/230V. Currently what's holding me up is that the wiring setting is shown in the end of the pump motor but is covered and I'm having trouble removing the covers. I've unscrewed it but it seems to be stuck? Or I'm just not very good at opening it. Any advise? Below is a link to the manual but it doesn't give any specific info on how to remove the motor end cover I just thought it would be good to include. ... umpsOM.pdf

12k kidney shaped inground plaster pool, single speed pump with no timer, sand filter, and barracuda scrubber guy.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pump Motor End Cover

Most covers I have see are just 2 screws. Have you tried using a small screwdriver and prying on the cover a bit? It might just have a little rust holding it on.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Noblesville, IN

Re: Pump Motor End Cover

Our cover is very tight. Rocking it back and forth helped a little but it was almost as if there was a vacuum holding it on.
    If it was wired correctly, you should be able to tell from the breaker if its 110 volts or 230 volts. If a single breaker controls the pump, it should be 110. If it's a double breaker, it's 230.

32K in ground vinyl pool installed in the early 1990s
    1.5 HP Centurion pump installed in the September of 2012, replaced under warranty in August of 2013
    2.6 SF Hayward sand filter - age unknown but looks pretty new
    Jandy AE-TI heat pump - age unknown but looks new and works great
    Caretaker in-floor cleaning system - works, but not well....on my list of things to work on.
    Aqua-rite SWG - new in about 2006, T-15 cell replaced in summer of 2012