The correct Hayward Union Fittings

dmmeek

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2013
Thanks to everyone on this forum I am confident this will be a great summer for enjoying my pool. I have ordered and anxiously awaiting delivery of my new filter, pump, and sag. I would like to hard plumb my equipment and was looking at the Hayward union fittings. However, I have no idea which ones to order. I would like to attach my pipes with a PVC nut, so I was looking for the threaded unions and not the slip connectors. My specific equipment follows.

* Hayward AquaTrol SWG - HP
* Hayward Pro-Series 24-Inch Top-Mount Sand Filter with 1-1/2-Inch Vari-Flo Valve
* Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1 HP / 2-Speed

My return and skimmer already have male threaded connectors, and were previously connected to flexible PVC pipe with a PVC nut. However, the installer glued the PVC to the slip unions on the pump and filter which did not make it too easy for winter storage. Could anyone point me in the right direction and perhaps model numbers or a link to order the correct unions? I would greatly appreciate it. My pool is a 24' AG that is 52" deep. Thanks again for all the great advice.

Daniel

Not sure I fully understand. Are you just talking about adding unions in the pipes? If so, you can find them at any hardware store.

Or maybe you are talking about the ones for the pump? http://www.hayward-pool.com/prd/Above-G ... 017__A.htm and then click on Accessories and there is a part number to search for.

EDIT: Although you may want to call Hayward to confirm those are the right ones ... the description is odd.

EDIT2: In the manual for your pump, in the parts list, shows this # which is the same as on the webpage: SP1500UNPAK2

EDIT3: the SWG comes with its own unions and for the filter, likely cheapest to just buy regular solvent-on unions to put on the pipes running into the multi-valve ... assuming you actually intend to move the filter in the winter as well (not generally recommended to move them unless you are going to remove the sand first)

Thanks Jason,
That is what I was looking for. I will call Hayward to confirm before I purchase. And thanks for the other info. I am glad to hear the SWG will have its own unions. As for the filter, I guess I thought maybe their was a union kit for it also. However, the solvent on unions will work just fine. I should receive everything this week. Perhaps I will be brave and post some amateur PVC installation photos. Thanks again.
Daniel

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.