Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
Do I have a problem?

Most here seems to have pressures at the filter around the 15-20 psi range. Some even in the single digits. My pump pressure is usually around 30 psi. I do have an in-floor cleaning system and solar heating. The solar collectors are about 50 ft away and 1 1/2 stories above the pool, so that adds some resistance and 7 or 8 pounds of head pressure. As the cleaning system cycles through he zones, the pressure fluctuates by about 5 pounds, but seems to run in the 28-33 psi range.

Is this a problem?

Given the size of your pump and all the high head loads (gas heater, solar, and floor system). I think that is within the normal range (sounds familiar to my previous house ... wish I wrote down the equipment spec and pressure readings). That is a pretty big jump in pressure for the solar. What size is the plumbing to/from the panels? How many panels? Wondering if you are forcing too much water through them.

Is the 2nd pump for the spa jets? Is the heater on that loop or the main pumps, loop? Is it bypassed?

You could post up more pressure readings with various systems on/off and maybe that would clear somethings up.

OK, I will stop spewing my random thoughts/questions ;)

The heater and the second pump are on a separate spa loop. I just measured, the equipment pad is 60 ft away from the risers to the solar panels. The solar panels are Heliocol HC-50 and there are 12 of them. All my plumbing is sch40, 2 inch ID. The floor system is by A&A.

With the top of my solar panels about 20 ft above the pump that should add 8.66 psi. That is just in head pressure, with no accounting for friction loss in the supply and return or resistance in the panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.