Are diagonal and side wrinkles in auto cover normal?

gtemkin

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Seattle, WA
Here's a couple of photo's. I had the installer return to check on this and he said that all alignments were good. My water level is even with the ledge that the front bar sits on when it's open. The front edge also stops square with the pool when open and closed. It's hard to see, but in the first photo there's wrinkling along the entire right side where it comes up to the track but you can see from the photos that the left side has an unwrinkled nice radius. The cover is new and hasn't seen warm weather yet. The installer thought there was nothing to be concerned about and it would get better from warmer weather.

Wrinkle1.jpg

Wrinkle2.jpg

I get the same thing, I can see when the cover is fully open or closed that it isn't perfectly square to the pool. The ropes that control the opening / closing could be adjusted to eliminate this, as it was square a while ago, it doesn't seem to effect anything operation wise.

As for the wrinkles the cover needs to have slack so that when a load is placed on it it can sink into the water some to support the weight, if it was tight the load would be applied to the side rails which are not meant to take a lot of force.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.