What pressure does your DE filter run at?

csn

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2012
Houston, TX
I was just wondering what pressure people's DE filters run at? I'm guessing mine might be a bit high...

Pentair FNS60 - after opening up and cleaning grids ~24 psi. After a few week it's usually at ~30 psi and backwashing only ever brings me back to ~28 psi.

Filter pressure normally has way more to do with a wide variety of details of your plumbing than it has to do with the filter.

Filter pressures around 30 are very common with in floor cleaning system, and fairly rare otherwise. Still, there is a large amount of variation from pool to pool and 30 psi is within the normal range, even if at the high end.

If you don't have an in-floor cleaning system, you might have a valve set wrong, or some kind of plumbing blockage after the filter, or just especially long plumbing runs.

My filter system is above ground. I think it's mostly pressure loss on the long runs in my case. I'm guessing all the covers with very small holes on the returns in the pool add in some back pressure too.

My pressure runs in the 30-35 range most of the time. But I have solar panels about 1 1/2 stories above the pool, and an in-floor cleaning system both of which add significant head pressure to the system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.