Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reviews on GLI Armor Shield?

1. Back To Top    #1

South Texas

Reviews on GLI Armor Shield?

I have had problems with nutgrass growing thru my liner. We put chemicals down but within about 5 months it grew thru anyway. I am ordering a new liner today and I came across this GLI Armor Shield that is supposed to guard against nutgrass, tree roots, and other things from penetrating the liner. Adds 5 years to the liner warranty. If it will help I'm willing to buy it. Stinks that I'm having to replace my liner that's less than 1 yr old but nutgrass has ruined it. Anyone know anything about this product? Thanks!
    30'x54" AGP..22000 gals.
    -Millennium 22" sand filter
    -Waterway 1.5 hp SPL 2-speed pump.
    Hot tub..500 gals..bromine
    TF100 test kit and speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Reviews on GLI Armor Shield?

It looks to be the same as gorilla pad and I highly recommend it for just the issue you're having.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

Re: Reviews on GLI Armor Shield?

I wouldn't think twice about a pad since you already have a problem with nut grass. I've read it's hard to get totally rid of it. The gorilla pad or liner armor would do you fine. Cheaper than a new liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.