Pool Install

Jul 22, 2011
Hello all...I am wanting to get a permanent above ground pool installed this year. I have been using an Intex for the last 3 years, and we determined that a pool is definitely for us... I am looking for a pool somewhere in the range of a 24' X 16'. It would be great if it was partially buried and had an expandable liner so we could have a deep end of at least 6ft. I live in the Dallas, TX area and would need the project completed for around $7-8000 total cost... is this even a possibility or am I dreaming?

For sure it would be doable if diy, and also probably doable paying for a traditional install, but I think you might be pushing it with the deep end and burial. For that the cost might be in the details. More details of your site be needed to guess at cost.

Just getting a little overwhelmed with all the "charges" for this, that, and the other thing... Crown pools wants $4200 for the pool, pump, liner, etc... the installer they referred me to has a sheet that shows $2400 for the install... that's $6600 in my book... but then she tells me total cost i should expect would be around 10-12 grand... how did we get to DOUBLE?

maybe i just don't see what i'm missing here. i have electrical out to the back of the house already for the intex setup i had... no gas needed (don't have gas anyways), already have a cleaner, steps came with it... permit is $175... what else could i be missing that she said to plan for double? this kinda worries me a tad...

For that amount, I'd hire someone to do the excavating and study up on installing it yourself read every fine line detail and watch youtube til you can't stand to type another pool install into their browser. So many people go the DIY route it isn't even funny. I think 10-12k is ridiculous for that size pool! JMO

Good luck and post pics! :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i guess another question i have is... is it really that much better to buy new versus something used? there's one close to my house for $1200 that is the exact same thing i was goin to buy from crown pools... of course i know i would need a new liner and all, but for $3k less... i'm really leaning towards this... anything i should be aware of?

If the pool is in good shape then it may be a good choice. If in the end you make an offer, I might try to talk then down a bit. Would you install it yourself? I did the used diy pool route and it worked great.

linen said:
If the pool is in good shape then it may be a good choice. If in the end you make an offer, I might try to talk then down a bit. Would you install it yourself? I did the used diy pool route and it worked great.

i don't trust myself to get it completely level... for the last 3 years with just the intex each year i thought it was perfect, but each time i was a good 2" off in 1 way or another... for something permanent, i'm gonna hire someone

I live in Mesquite and had mine installed last year for just under 10k. A smaller pool would surely be cheaper. I bought my pool at Sunshine Pools in Mesquite. DO NOT LET THEIR INSTALLERS PUT IT IN. Call Call Crown Pools on Garland Rd and ask for their installers name. Its Jim something, I forget. He installed my first one and did a wonderful job. Sunshine's installers are horrible when it comes to service and install. Sunshine is horrible as far as service but they get good prices. My build is in my auto signature.

Also, call Doughboy to see if there are any coupons. I did and got 500 off. Buy your own steps, cleaner and such. It's cheaper that way. Just buy the pool and filter/pump from the dealer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.