Jun 25, 2012
Conroe, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

First time pool owner here. Just purchased a relatively new home with a relatively new pool in N.Houston, TX. The system is controlled by a Pentair Easy Touch (P4EASYTOUCH denoted on label on back of controller).

I've gotten very little training on the pool other than what my service tech provided. When I pick up the controller, the display screen is blank.

The only button that brings the controller to "life" is the MENU button.

1) First press of the menu button, the screen displays "NO ADDRESS" with an option to select either "ADDRESS" or "ABORT".
2) I then have to press the SELECT button on ADDRESS and the screen displays "ADDRESS LOCK - SEARCHING....."
3) I then have to press the MENU button again for the controller to return to what I call the "HOME" screen where it shows me the mode it is in, the pool temp and heater setpoint, Air Temp, and Day/Time/Battery status.

My question is this....WHY? Why does the controller require 3-4 button presses to get to the home screen? Is something set wrong on my system or controller such that I have to do this each and everytime I want to handle the controller?

This is also not user-friendly if I want my wife and kid to learn to use the controller.

Please, I welcome any help this forum can suggest.

Regards,
Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.