How do you fix a in-ground canned light?

I have a low voltage outdoor lighting system and was wondering how to fix a in ground canned light? I've dug up the light but it looks like the light is soldered to the wires.

What appears to be the issue? If the light fixture itself is defective they aren't typically repairable as they need to maintain UL listings and factory standards.

Yeah, the light isn't working (bulb burnt out). Maybe that's the part I am missing...I'll check to see if there are some screws to remove the lens for bulb replacement. If I get stuck, i'll post pics.

Thanks!

Finally got around to include pics. I'm still stuck! :?
IMG_20130330_091756.jpg

IMG_20130330_091226.jpg

IMG_20130330_091235.jpg

I think the terminal is rusted on too. The wire wouldn't slip off. So I need to get a new spade terminal, crimp it on to the new light (bulb is definitely broken)? Let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks for your help!

The lamp (bulbs are something you plant in the ground and grow flowers from :mrgreen: ) will come with male spade terminals. You'll need a pair of female spade terminals and you'll need to crimp them onto the wires. Then the female spades will slip over the spades on the lamp. It would also be a good idea to pick up a sleeve of heat shrink tubing and slip it over the connections like the original has. You can even get Adhesive lined Polyolefin Heat Shrink Tubing that will help make the connection more secure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.