Help figuring pool size? Thanks!

Linen so kindly suggested that y'all could help me figure the size of my new-to-me-25 year old pool. I will be having it refinished soon, so please pardon my blue paint and the need for lots of work on the landscape around the pool area. The deep end is about about 9 feet at the spot where the drain used to be (deepest point). The shallow end is 3 ish. The circumference is roughly 96 feet. I took this picture from the top of the retaining wall and drew lines on it where I measured.

6d8c03c7-c88e-40ef-9e62-e25404d04b02_zps7df749c0.jpg

The green line is the length of pool at longest point. It is 33.5 feet.
The yellow line is shallow end width of 15.5 feet.
The orange line is the widest point 16.5 feet.
The red line is the deep end and it is 12 feet.

If there is anything else that y'all would need in order to figure this out, please let me know. I truly appreciate the help as I am pretty lost right now.

With the sketchy dimensions we have, I come up with about 17000 gallons.

The best way to tell is by using Pool Calculator. Plug in 17000 gallons and see what effect a certain amount of chemical should have (It's down near the bottom), and see if it had that effect. Add or subtract 500 gallons depending on if you undershot or overshot and try again. Eventually, you will get it narrowed down. The good news is that the targets are a range, not precise to several decimal points. As an aside, you will need an accurate test kit to get the measurements so you can see the effects. Check out the article in Pool School comparing kits.

Richard320 said:
With the sketchy dimensions we have, I come up with about 17000 gallons.

The best way to tell is by using Pool Calculator. Plug in 17000 gallons and see what effect a certain amount of chemical should have (It's down near the bottom), and see if it had that effect. Add or subtract 500 gallons depending on if you undershot or overshot and try again. Eventually, you will get it narrowed down. The good news is that the targets are a range, not precise to several decimal points. As an aside, you will need an accurate test kit to get the measurements so you can see the effects. Check out the article in Pool School comparing kits.

Thank you so much. I had been debating buying a ColorQ, but guess I will be sticking with the titrates. I really appreciate the help. Sorry the measurements are kinda sketchy. Oddly shaped pools are hard to measure!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.