Cut cords (new puppy) on my intex swg w/filter for AG

Mar 22, 2013
Hey everyone,
I bought an Intex Krystal Clear Salt Water Pool System with Filter Pump 2 years ago and used it on my above ground pool.
It has been sitting for two years on my back patio, unused. I just went out to move it and assess if I was able to use it this year when I get a new pool and found that my puppy had chewed the cords both to the power supply plug and the copper bars for the algaecide.
Does anyone know if I can replace them or repair them?
I have the leftover part of the power cord but it was severed very close to the unit. The cord between the unit and the copper generator bars plug is only about 3 inches in length and it is pretty much shredded.
I do not want to spend a lot of money because I do not know if this unit will work at all anyways.
Does anyone have experience being able to use one of these Intex Krystal Clear Salt Water Pool System with Filter Pumps that has just been sitting in the elements for a couple years?
Thank you!
And yes, I will not let my puppy chew on it while it is plugged in and running.
Katrina :)

Attachments

• 54611E_2_1.jpg
    54611E_2_1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 126
Welcome to tfp, mstrssofposeidon :wave:

I would guess it would be fine assuming the control unit wasn't sitting in water, and assuming it was working when you last used it. My intex swg has lasted 3 years.

Getting replacement parts for intex products is hard/impossible (unless you can find a non funtioning swg for parts) but replacing the cord with something you can get from a hardware store would be relatively easy assuming you have done electrical work in the past. If not, a new swg would probably be the best way to go. If you do get a new intex swg, I would recommend not getting the one built into the pump, since once it is dead, then the pump would have useless stuff attached.

On my intex swg, I unplugged the cord to the copper bars and left them that way. So I wouldn't particularly worry about that one anyway. May need to cap it off somehow tho since the wire was chewed.
Just a note, I was advised here on this forum to leave the copper bars unplugged in order to keep excess metals out of the pool. The copper is what turns hair and swimsuits green.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I loved the copper! I had such algae problems before I installed this unit! So, since my unit did get rained on (I do not think it actually SAT in water though) I wonder if it is even worth the time/energy to fix it. Id just hate to buy a new one without the pump for $200 when this pump actually PUMPS a TON of water to the point my pool actually had a current and the water was OH SO CLEAN (unlike the little bitty pump that came with the darn pool)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.