Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pebble Tec

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pebble Tec

So like most people, we had a hard time picking out a pebble tec color that we loved. We had issues with both Tec and Sheen because they give off greenish hues in almost any darker color. We LOVED Beadcrete, but it was so expensive. Luckily, our PB mentioned a newer product from Pebble Tec called Luminous Beadcrete Series. It is a mixture of pebble tec or sheen mixed with 20% beadcrete. We decided to go that route, and chose Blue Granite as the base pebble and we added double abalone. I was really trying to avoid the greenish color that Blue Granite could sometimes give, and we just filled up the pool today, and it is the most brilliant green you have ever seen.

I know that once we start adding chemicals and brushing, the bluer colors will begin to come out. I am just posting these first few pics because throughout most of my research, i did not see anyone with the Luminous Series on the site. As the weeks progress, I will add more pictures for future reference.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pebble Tec

I like that color!
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. So, it has been about 2 days since adding chemicals and it is starting to turn much more blue. Seems like it is changing colors each day, and are getting more and more blue, so I am happy.

4. Back To Top    #4

Dang, that IS nice! Really pretty color now. Sets off your coping and decking beautifully.
    45'6" x 19' x 26' gunite pool, 43,000 gallons! 3/25/2013 renovation: Arizona Buckskin flagstone coping, NPT Verona Borba Turquoise tile & deco tile, Jules Bright Blue glass trim tile, Altima Premium Plaster in Teal, Pentair Whisperflow 2.0hp Filter Pump, Pentair 60 sq ft DE Filter with Multiport Valve. Polaris automatic cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

What color did you use for sunshelf?
    Freeform gunite, 14,000 gallon saltwater sport pool.
    10 ton moss rock w/ waterfall, 50 sq ft raised spa.
    Bluestone coping, pebblesheen. Jandy pro flo 1 hp pump, legacy 325k heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

It was the same travertine as the pavers, just in tile. We used the same versailles pattern, but the tile was only 0.5" think. The color was called "Nysa" i believe.

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks like a Mediterranean villa, looks awesome!
    Freeform gunite, 14,000 gallon saltwater sport pool.
    10 ton moss rock w/ waterfall, 50 sq ft raised spa.
    Bluestone coping, pebblesheen. Jandy pro flo 1 hp pump, legacy 325k heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks. We are just finishing up the landscaping and are putting in all of our italian cypres this weekend. I will post some updated pics as soon as they get in.

9. Back To Top    #9

That's a beautiful pool!
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet499
    Thanks. So, it has been about 2 days since adding chemicals and it is starting to turn much more blue. Seems like it is changing colors each day, and are getting more and more blue, so I am happy.

stunning is the word I would use.... absolutely love it....
    13500 Gal. Above Ground. Vinyl. Hayward E-100 Highrate Sand Filter with Hayward Power Flow LX pump. Installed 2006.

11. Back To Top    #11

It's beautiful, but I think surrounding colors get left out of the equation a lot. They have much to do with the colors pulled out of the final product.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

12. Back To Top    #12

Love this. It is beautiful!