Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
The guy is starting today on the work to level the concrete deck around the pool and will next be replacing the coping and tile. He was saying they would have to drain almost all the water out since they have to get into the pool to lay the new tile. Makes me feel so defeated since I just finally got it blue again! Plus we're on a well, so I'm concerned about the whole refilling aspect. Anyone have any kind words or advice to ease my mind?? Now I really wish we had the money for them to go ahead with the replaster since they have to drain the pool anyway!!

Check your well water...use a metals kit and your regular test kit...then you will know what you are dealing with.

Do you "refill" from the well? It shouldn't be any worse than what you have experienced previously if you are!

I guess my biggest fear with refilling with the well is running out of water! How long can you keep the water running continuously? I guess if the well pump is good enough it shouldn't ever run out. But for however long it takes to refill, we'll be turning off the pool to like takes showers or wash dishes! We did have the water tested when we bought the house and it came back no metals and the pool always gets filled with the well water, so I'm sure chemistry-wise, we'll be fine. It's just such a bummer I just worked so hard to turn it back to a pool from the brown murky pond it was!! :cry:

Is that taps way off in the distance?

Do they have bulk water purchases in your area? Road construction companies and fire departments sometimes do residential sales from their bulk water licences.

Where I live, wells run out of water quite quickly. Your well should have a gpm rating and you should fill according to that to keep it from getting too low and sucking up dirt.

ABSOLUTELY test your well water if you have not done so....particularly for iron content.

Well, we went ahead with the replaster! They finished up today and we're starting to refill! The pool looks AMAZING! I'm sooooooo glad we got it all done! The repair guy told us to get some Metal Out since we're refilling from a well. My husband went by Leslie's today and had them test the well water and he got the Metal Out. Here's the test results of the well water:

FC: 0
TC: 0
CH: 100
CYA: 0
TA: 160
pH: 7.8
Copper: 0
Iron: 0
TDS: 350
Pho: 200

So, recommendations for what we will need to add to the pool once it gets refilled?

Also, thought I'd post some before and after pics!

Before:
015.JPG

During:
101.JPG

After:
002.JPG

003.JPG

CAN NOT WAIT to jump in!!

Call the local fire department (paid or volunteer) their pumper truck could fill you up with a donation to the fund. My local FD has filled stock tanks and pools for a donation since it gives them practice using the truck.

Swamp Thing said:
Julie,
Can I ask how much this part of the project cost?
Were they builders or renovators?

Thanks.

Just the replaster cost just under $2700 for plain white plaster. Not sure if they were builders or renovators. We had another guy set us up with them. All I know is they were just plaster guys, didn't do any other pool work it seemed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.