Liner fit issue

Mar 21, 2013
I'm new to liner replacement and just had a contractor replace mine which is rectangle shaped. I'm not sure what radius corners he specified to the liner company, but one corner has a good fit, but the other three are taut across the corner with about a 6" x 6" x 12" triangular space from the ground up to about a foot form the top. The pool is filled up and the top of the liner is staying in the coping at the corners. The temperature is in the 40's here in Virginia. The contractor is saying after the temperature warms the liner will relax and seat properly in each corner. Right now, it just looks like the liner doesn't fit correctly. My first thought is, that he could drain the pool down and heat stretch the liner in the corners. Does anyone have experience with this? Does anyone know if liners relax this much over a 30+ degree change in temperature?

Welcome to the forum. :lol: A pic would help but it sounds like your liner will not fit. If it is 3-5"" off the wall in the corner (s), I don't think warm weather will help. The water pressure would press a correct liner tight to the wall everywhere, regardless of temp.

YOur description of forming a triangle 6x6x12 off the wall is hard to find in the picture.

In fact, It's hard to tell it is off the wall at all. Do you have a pic that would better demonstrate what you are talking about?

I don't have a better picture. There's about 3 or 4 inche gap between the stretched liner and the hard wall behind it in three of the corners (not a perfect triangle, as you can see). If this is truly the nature of fitting a liner to a 6" radius corner, then my next concern is this going to affect how long the liner lasts. Obviously this could get punctured more easily with a void behind it. The previous liner eventually ripped in one of the corners (only 5 yr old). On another note, does heat stretching lead to rips and tears eventually?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, even though it may not show up in a pic, 3-4 inches off the wall is CLEARLY a liner that doesn't fit and I would ask that it be replaced.

My corners have an 18" radius and they fit tight to the wall like a glove. Yours should to. It is not the nature of the beast and will have long term negative effects.....like the liner pulling out of the track.

We have been building vinyl liner pools for 30 plus years. Hate to break it to you duraleigh but a 6" corner usually will not lay flat to the wall the way vinyl liners are made just does not make them fit. We custom fit every liner we install and I have yet to see a 6" liner work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.