Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete Resurfacing

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete Resurfacing

Hi All,
    I have 35 year old 4inch thick pool deck concrete that I would like to get resurfaced with either Kool Deck, Systek or Sundek.

I get mixed information on Kool Deck and Systek from the Manufacturer. I haven't been able to hear any reviews of Sundek.

Concrete is great condition no cracks, voids or problems.

I am not sure which product to pick. Pricewise they are close enough that it comes down to which product is better and least maintenance and not being slippery.

I live NJ so the winters so I need a product that would stand up to our freeze / thaw cycles.

Everyone's feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Kansas

Re: Concrete Resurfacing

Welcome to TFP!
    I'm interested to hear the replies as I have a brand new concrete deck that we are debating on staining versus overlaying.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Sorry no replies just yet. I think that might be an area where few of us members have any experience. My knowledge of masonry extends to some basics but I don't know enough about the products you're interested in to comment.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I just had my new pool decking finish apply today. I choose Sundek classic texture i live just outside Austin, TX. I've read good things online about it here's a few links.......
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL