Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Pilot Electrical Installation Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Pilot Electrical Installation Help

Purchased a new Pool Pilot Digital 40K SWG (DIG-220) and plan on installing it soon. My question has to do with wiring/powering the unit. Currently I have one (1) 230 line running to the equipment pad, this line is providing power to a Hayward Super Pump (1 HP), Raypak heater and Hayward booster pump. The 230 line is run using 12 gauge wire and has a double 20 AMP circuit breaker. My question is, do I need to run another 230 line to power the SWG or can I use the existing 230 line to power it? I will be replacing the Intermatic 2 power source mechanical timer with a new Intermatic 3 power supply digital timer. The power for the booster pump timer is powered by the other timer. Thanks for your help.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pool Pilot Electrical Installation Help

You should be all right with just the existing circuit, though there are advantages to having a circuit for each pump.

Since you are using a separate timer, the Pool Pilot Digital should be wired so it only gets power when the main pool pump gets power.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Pilot Electrical Installation Help

Thank you for the response. So if I understood you correctly I can use the existing 230 line my main pump, heater and booster pump are currently connected to.

Thanks again for your help.