Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: We are looking at buying the Intex 32x16x52 pool? Suggestion

1. Back To Top    #1
    Lubbock, texas

We are looking at buying the Intex 32x16x52 pool? Suggestion

Hi we are looking at buying the 32x16x52 Intex pool does anyone on here have that pool and could you tell me if you are happy with that one? Please let me know. I am also going to be on here a lot while I figure out everything I will need to do, to do it RIGHT! The first time. Any suggestions anyone can give will be greatly appreciated! Thank You!
    14,364gal AGP
    Intex Ultra Frame 16'x32'x52"
    Krystal Clear™ Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System - 2,650 GPH**Nite-Brite Halogen Pool Light
    TF-100 Test Kit (This kit Rocks)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sault Ontario

Re: We are looking at buying the Intex 32x16x52 pool? Sugges

- read pool school several times, all the knowledge to run a pool is in there
    - get a proper drop based test kit - not strips!
    - level the site properly!!!!, at least within 1" of level
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: We are looking at buying the Intex 32x16x52 pool? Sugges

We bought the 32'x16' Ultra rectangular pool last year. Upgraded from the round 15' one. I can say we could not be any happier with the purchase. Look for the good deals. We got ours for ~1400.00, that included the 2650GPH sand filter and the Salt Water Generator.

The biggest this is LEVEL the ground. By hand, by tractor (I did it this way, cost about 150.00 to rent from Tates..) and then I used fine sand to get it smooth.

On the metal pieces, make sure to use at least 12"x12" boards for the base supports. This helps with any potential sagging into the ground.

Good luck!
    18600 Gallon In Ground
    Vinyl liner
    Aqua Genie Skimmer/Return
    Purex Triton Challenger wet end with Emerson 2EZ Speed Two-Speed with Timer Motor 3/4HP #EB2980T
    Sta-Rite 145361 Cristal-Flo II High-Rate Sand Filter 22Inch
    Taylor K-2006