Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: what is a turbo valve?

1. Back To Top    #1

what is a turbo valve?

Can anyone tell me what a "turbo valve" is?

here's why I'm asking. I have had a valve actuator fail on me. The motor has just burnt out. We're still within our first year of a homeowners protection insurance. The policy states that valves are covered under the policy but 'turbo valves' are not.

When I research a turbo valve the only thing close I can find is the old Turbo Clean nozzles by master pools. Those are definitely not valve actuators. Is there some other kind of valve actuator that could be called a turbo valve???
    12,000G, Cartridge, IG-Plaster, Pentair easytouch 8, Intelliflo VS 3050, Intellichlor IC40, Safe-T 3 cover-pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: what is a turbo valve?

No idea. Seems like you should be able to call the HPI and ask them what they mean and confirm if the actuator is covered.

FYI, the Intermatic actuators can be found for < $70 online and the install should be pretty easy if they are not going to cover it.

I imagine it is $50 for them just to come out and look right?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: what is a turbo valve?

Yep - try $60. yeah, I've seen the cheaper ones online and that's the direction I'll go. I just thought if it is covered well great - that's what insurance is for. But of course with every insurance company they're in the business of not paying claims, even legit ones. Infuriates me.
    12,000G, Cartridge, IG-Plaster, Pentair easytouch 8, Intelliflo VS 3050, Intellichlor IC40, Safe-T 3 cover-pool